Leaving Corporate America
This is my second blog post, one fact you’ll learn about me is that I am a clear and plain talker with a side of profanity (from my military career). Making the decision to leave corporate America and bet on myself took a lot of fucking courage or shall I say balls.
Courage I did not know I had. Bottomline: I knew what kind of situations, I did not what to be involved
- Any type of corporate structure with a boss I did respect.
- Working a schedule that was not conducive to my lifestyle.
- Playing nice against the odds in corporate America.
- What I miss from corporate America is the pay (of course). With my retirement pay, I was getting paid every week, it was so sweet!
Deciding to start my own business, I was presented with my own list of unexpected challenges.
- Navigating the business sharks
- Having to convince people that you can run a business even though your history proves you are more than capable.
- Learning to sell, sell, sell
- Learning to get investors/capital
- Learning financial language
- Function in the marketing/digital media in the ocean with sharks
(ALL OF WHICH WE WILL DISCUSS IN THE FUTURE)